I am a big fan of Nutella, I add it to oatmeal, eat it as a dip with fruit and of course just eat it off the spoon, along with many other ways of enjoying this wonderful spread. Although I try to get most of my food Organic if possible and I have yet to see an Organic Nutella so I usually buy this…
I like it just as much!
I have seen so many wonderful Nutella Brownie recipes that I have been just so intrigued to try and I am such a big brownie fan I will probably try them all but for now this is the one I just had to try!
3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Make the cream cheese topping first. Cream together butter, sugar and flour. Add cream cheese and mix/blend until smooth. Scrape bowl and add the egg and beat until the topping is nice and creamy. Scrap bowl and add hazelnut spread, beat about one minute or until the hazelnut spread is mixed into the cream cheese mixture completely; set aside.
- For the brownie batter: Sift flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder into a medium sized bowl.
- In a small bowl cream sugar and 1/2 stick of butter, add eggs one at a time, beat well then add vanilla.
- Fold egg, sugar, butter and vanilla mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. It looks like there isn’t enough brownie batter and the batter is very thick but this is normal and it comes out just fine:)
- Spread 3/4 of the brownie batter into the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Randomly dollop the cream cheese topping over the brownie batter.
- Randomly dollop the rest of the brownie batter on top of the cream cheese batter. Swirl with the tip of a knife or a toothpick.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. If you like your brownies a bit gooey then bake them for 40 minutes. For a dense cake like center bake for 50 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Flour on my Face.