I wanted to find a really good Pumpkin Bar Recipe and I think this recipe is great, Although more like a cake, these Pumpkin Bars are fantastic! Most people frost their Pumpkin Bars with a cream cheese frosting but I thought I would do a Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting just because I thought it would add a more warm, autumn flavor to the bars.
Frosted Pumpkin Bars
1 2/3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
- First make the frosting by placing the cream cheese and butter in a bowl and with an electric mixer, cream together until smooth. Add both sugars and mix at low speed until combined. Add the vanilla and mix again. Place frosting the fridge and allow to chill while making the bars.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 x 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars. If desired sprinkle the top of the bars with cinnamon or garnish with a walnut.
The Pumpkin Bar recipe is from Paula Deen.