Awhile back I made Sticky Apple Butter Biscuits, which are so delicious…you should also definitely try them! Well I thought that I could take the concept of that recipe with the flavors of cranberry and orange. Instead of apple butter I had some orange marmalade and used that and wow did these sticky rolls come out awesome and full of orange flavor.
These Cranberry Orange Sticky Rolls are really quite easy to make, they are great for serving guests for breakfast or brunch, Just simply baked in a muffin pan and really best served fresh from the oven, I hope you enjoy these Rolls, a great way to get the cinnamon rolls taste without all the work and time:)
Cranberry Orange Sticky Rolls
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 Tbsp butter, melted
2 Tbsp butter, softened
4 Tbsp orange marmalade
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup dried cranberries
2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
6 Tbsp cold butter
1 Tbsp orange zest
1/3 orange juice, preferably fresh squeezed
1/3 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease 12 muffin tins and set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, once melted remove from heat and add the 1/4 cup honey and 1/4 cup brown sugar and combine, Mix together until well blended. Place an equal amount into the bottom of each muffin tin. It should work out to about 2 teaspoons in each; set aside.
- Make the filling for the biscuits by adding the 2 tablespoons of soft butter, 4 tablespoons of orange marmalade, 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar and dried cranberries into a small bowl and mix together; set aside.
- To make the biscuits make sure the butter is cold. In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon together and stir with a whisk. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until it becomes small pea size chunks. Add in the orange zest, orange juice and milk. Mix together until the dough comes to a ball.
- Place dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead just until it all comes together. Roll dough out to a 10 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread out the filling on top. Roll the dough, starting on the long side. Like a jelly roll. Cut into 12 pieces. Place the slices into the muffin tins.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for 1 minute then remove from tin. Serve warm. Don’t let the biscuits sit in the pan for too long, or they will stick. Rolls look best when turned upside down to serve.