This Easy Pear Tart is really super easy and with a little preparation this tart can be in the oven baking while you are eating your meal. The unfortunate thing about this great tart is that it probably won’t last long!
1 tsp all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
pinch of salt
- Add the flour, sugar and salt to the bowl of a food processor. Place the butter cubes around the flour and pulse until a crumbly mixture is formed.
- Slowly add the cream while still pulsing the flour mixture, Keep adding the cream until the dough comes together into a bit of a ball.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and move to a lightly floured surface. Gently knead the dough a few times until it is smooth.Wrap up the dough with plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (can stay in the refrigerator overnight).
- While the dough is chilling, Peel the pears, remove the core and cut into thin slices, Place slices into a bowl. Toss the pear slices with the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 12-inch round.
Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet (if you line the baking sheet with parchment paper, it will be easier to transfer to a plate later).
- Lay the pear slices in decorative, overlapping circles on top of the crust, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge. Spoon any remaining pear juice over the slices. Fold the edges/border over the filling, pleating the edges to make it fit, The center will be open.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Bake the tart until lightly browned and bubbling, about 40 – 45 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.