Quick and Easy Stove-top Spinach Artichoke Dip, when you just can’t wait!
My husband and I decided to create this Stove-top Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe because, well we just aren’t patient people, sometimes:) My husband and I love Spinach and Artichoke dip and I had a craving for it, in fact I always have cravings for it:) Well we bought the stuff to make it and had the intentions to make it the typical way, you know bake it in the oven for 30 minutes, blah, blah, blah, BLAH! Then we decided to just throw it all into a skillet and warm everything and then just eat it like that without the whole baking process and guess what it was Fab-U-lous…It doesn’t have that pretty cheese layer and it isn’t baked until golden and bubbly but that is okay because it is darn good and it was just our family, no need to impress! Give this simple recipe a try, if you don’t feel like waiting for an awesome Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Stovetop Spinach Artichoke Dip
2 Tbsp butter
1 (16 ounce) fresh baby spinach package
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14 ounce) quartered artichokes can, (in water), drained
1 (8 ounce) cream cheese package
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Add the butter to the skillet.
- Once the butter has melted add the whole package of baby spinach to the skillet and allow to wilt down, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the majority of the spinach has wilted down pretty good, add the minced garlic and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute, stirring until the garlic just gets fragrant.
- Add the drained artichoke hearts to the skillet and heat through. Once everything is nice and warm, add the cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir while the cream cheese melts and everything gets nice and creamy.
- Finally add the parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste, give a nice good stir to mix everything well. Scoop out into a serving dish and serve with nice crusty bread, chips or raw veggies, it is delish!